Sunday, May 6, 2007

A day in the new life


Yesterday I was in the car for hours. I was very sad leaving my foster family, but I relaxed in the back of the car and settled down for the long trip to Wollongong. It was comforting to sit my head in Patrick's lap and listen to the music on the radio.

When we got to my new home they were very patient and they let me sniff and poke around. There is plenty of room for me and some nice shady places to explore and relax. I even had some chicken with my dinner, but I'm not feeling real hungry right now.

Today I woke up in a strange place. It seemed like a dream. I have an Igloo kennel. My new Mistress Roslyn has been trying to train me. Sheesh. One day and I'm back in school. I'm pretending I don't know how to shake hands, but she already knows I can sit - I can't fool her! She took me for a walk by the lake which was fun but then later today they put me in the car again. Oh no - am I going to another home?!

Later on they took me to an even bigger lake. I couldn't even see the other side. And the water sloshed and chased me up and down the sand. My mistress told me this is called the ocean. I was scared, but it was kind of fun. The soft squishy stuff they called sand felt funny between my paws, and I met lots of other dogs.

After that they took me to a place called a cafe. I've never seen one of those. The humans sit at tables and drink this horrible muddy looking water they call coffee. Yuck!. I probably shouldn't tell you this but they scraped a little ice cream from the plate and dropped it on the ground. It was yummy.

I'm so tired, and I miss my foster family and the other dogs but I have a good feeling about my new home.

No comments: